The School of Music practice rooms are available primarily for current School of Music students. If you are not a current School of Music student enrolled in a School of Music program, you need to apply below and be approved to use the practice rooms.
You may only use the designated rooms between 8–10pm as priority is given to enrolled students and staff.
Rooms allocated for shared use, between the aforementioned times, are 618-625 and 631-634. These rooms are also available to current music students, and you may be asked to vacate depending on demand. The rooms are all equipped with an upright piano, stool and music stand.
Please ensure you carry your student ID on you at all times as security spot-checks may take place.
Practice Rooms are available for private practice only, no teaching activities are to take place in these rooms.
- Apply below to be added to our register of approved ANU students.
- Once approved, your name and U number will be added to our list of eligible students.
- These rooms are on free access and you will not require access to be placed on your ANU ID card. However, the below form must be completed as the list of eligible users is supplied to Security.
- Ensure you have your ANU ID with you when using the practice rooms in the event of spot-checks.
- At certain times of the year, such as the period prior to practical exams each semester, practice room access will be restricted to students enrolled in the BMus or postgraduate Music programs.