Applications can be made for entry in either first or second semester. Applications usually open in August for semester 1 entry and in April for semester 2 entry.
Most Domestic Graduate Coursework applications are made via the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) website. When completing the UAC application form please use the School of Music codes.
In addition to the information requested via a UAC or by direct application, applicants must finalise their application as per the guidelines listed below related to their intended area of specialisation.
Postgraduate (coursework) Performance auditions
Students who wish to apply for the Performance specialisation must submit an audition.
- Applicants should prepare a program of three contrasting pieces (accompanied or unaccompanied).
- International students and domestic students unable to attend a live audition should submit a digital audition
Students who wish to apply for the Music Composition specialisation must submit a portfolio.
Up to 4 original compositions to a total of no more than 20 minutes of music.
The compositions should demonstrate contrasting elements. These could be:
- Works for solo instrument or voice;
- Chamber ensemble or orchestral;
- Structured or improvisational works; or
- Works demonstrating diversity of genre.
Style fusions are encouraged.